Thursday, July 7, 2011

Crazy few weeks...first Landon's birthday

So sorry I'm so behind on posts.  I've had a pretty crazy couple of weeks.  I'm going to try and break everything up so I can have time to post pictures and such.

We have a four year old in our house now...crazy!  I remember that fourth of July, four years ago when I was a pregnant lady watching fireworks thinking about how my life was going to change the next day.  I never knew how much it would change and how much growing I would do.  Landon has helped me be a better mom and a better person.  He is such a blessing to me and I'm so thankful for him everyday.  Two years ago we almost lost him, and I've learned that even though he isn't perfect he's the most amazing, beautiful, smart and sweet boy I know.  I wouldn't trade him for the world!!!  I'm so thankful that I was chosen to be his mom.

My mom and stepdad came into town for Landon's birthday and the Fourth of July.  I was so happy they could be there.  Landon was very excited to see his Nonna. :)  We planned his birthday party at a park that I had heard of from one of Landon's classmate's mom.  Her daughter also has special needs and she told me about this park that is only a few miles from our house.  It is made for children with any kind of disability.  The playground is made with no stairs and all ramps so Landon could get around really easy.  He LOVED it!!  They have a splash pad with water guns and sprayers that the kids loved.  Landon wasn't too into that, but he watched and laughed while the other kids got water dumped on their heads.  :)  Here are some pictures from our festivities....


The birthday boy


Landon's friend, Roslyn


Nonna and Sydney


Roslyn playing in the splash pad


Landon found the only sign at the whole park with numbers and letters.


Giving Nonna a hug


My friend Lisa and her family


Little Makai


The delicious cupcake birthday cake with yummy whipped frosting! :)


Landon with his cake (the candle was on purpose...he's in love with the #9 right now)


Singing Happy Birthday


Landon's new favorite hat


Doing the string pinata


CANDY!!!!!!


Even Landon got a couple of pieces


Sydney was worn out...She fell asleep on Miss Theresa.


Little Nevin


Me and Mom



Marcus playing


Landon laughing at the other kids getting splashed

We are so thankful for our friends here.  They are like our family since all of our real families live so far away.  Thank you to everyone that made it to the party!!! :)

On Landon's real birthday we took him shopping at Toys R Us and he picked out pretty much anything with numbers on it.  He walked around the store saying "numbers" over and over....silly kid.  We got him a number puzzle and a puzzle clock to satisfy his number obsession. :)  I made him his favorite breakfast that morning...pancakes.  I asked him if I could make him a #4 pancake since he was four and he said "No...nine!"  At least the boy is consistent!  :)  


Landon with his #9 pancake. :)

1 comment:

Kelly Koenig said...

Good for your Mommy letting Landon be the "boss" and letting him have the #9. I've seen parents sometimes push their kids into getting what's expected instead of what they really want and it almost never works out. So what if he's 4??? It's his birthday and he wants a #9. Let kids be themselves! Maybe when he's 9 he'll like 4! lol